Thursday, April 24, 2008

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I like Knocked Up and Superbad. The 40-Year-Old Virgin is funny only after repeat viewings. But after staring at the hundreds of notes to Sarah Marshall scribbled on subway walls (ex:) I guess I didn't really have high hopes for Forgetting Sarah Marshall, even though Jason Segal is one of my favorite parts of Knocked Up, in his own creepy way.

Not to say I was BLOWN AWAY by any means, but I did laugh more than I thought I would, especially when the genius that was the Dracula muppet show was mentioned. (I was then thrilled to read that Jason Segal was resurrecting the muppets for another movie, to which I clapped with glee)

On reflection, the movie is a pretty affecting example of how people handle break-ups. I've been known to cry so loud neighbors can hear. However, I must say that the odds of picking the same hotel in a completely different state at the EXACT same time as your ex is so ridiculous, it's almost enough to ruin the entire movie.

2 comments:

dn said...

I really liked it. I was impressed by Mila Kunis, which may have been because I have such low expectations for her acting.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the movie....plus it wasn't a random run in...he said there was this place in Hawaii that Sarah talked about and that's why he went there so it's not that unlikely....plus......its a movie! lol.