Thursday, January 7, 2010

2009 Movie Rundown

And here is the annual rundown of what I saw this year in theaters. My moviegoing increased from 33 films last year to 41. I'm not sure if I should be proud of that or not . . . but for now I'll say I am. Well done me. It's been a tough year, these movies helped me get through it, even the bad ones. My top 10 is forthcoming, but this is clearly a preview. For now these are in alphabetical order.

Perfection
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Star Trek
(500) Days of Summer

Excellent
Adventureland
Avatar
District 9
The Hangover
Michael Jackson's This is It
A Single Man
The September Issue
Two Lovers
Up
Up in the Air
Where the Wild Things Are

Solid
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
The Invention of Lying
It's Complicated
Julie & Julia
Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire
Whip It
Zombieland

Decent
Coraline
Coco Before Chanel
Duplicity
Earth
Funny People
I Love You, Man
The Informant!
Public Enemies
Whatever Works

Dumb but Enjoyable
Angels and Demons-only because of Ewan McGregor is this not in bad.
The Blind Side
He's Just Not that Into You
The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Eh
The Lovely Bones

Bad
Bride Wars
Couples Retreat
Extract
The Proposal
The Taking of Pelham 123
Watchmen

Wanted to see but didn't be they good or bad
Amelia
Away We Go
Food, Inc.
Gentlemen Broncos
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Inglorious Basterds
In the Loop
Moon
New York, I Love You
Nine
Paper Heart
Paranormal Activity
The Road
Sherlock Holmes
Sunshine Cleaning
Taken
Taking Woodstock
The Time Traveler's Wife
Year One
2012


2 comments:

David Records said...

dude you need to see Moon. it's on netflix now. no excuse.

Lindsey said...

Haha. It's on my Netflix. I'll get there.