Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What Looks Good: 2011 Upfronts

This has been sitting in drafts for awhile. Apologies.

For the uninitiated, what is an upfront?

From Wikipedia:
In the North American television industry, an upfront is a meeting hosted at the start of important advertising sales periods by television network executives, attended by the press and major advertisers. It is so named because of its main purpose, to allow marketers to buy commercial airtime "up front", or several months before the television season begins.

I've been following all the upfront coverage all week. Here are the shows that on first glance, make me most excited for next season (or mid-season in some cases).

ABC
Apartment 23
Note: I will always love Dawson Leery.


FOX
Alcatraz


Terra Nova


New Girl


CBS
2Broke Girls
Note: The laugh track in this turns me off. But my love of Kat Dennings is making me curious.


Person of Interest
Note: I will watch anything Benjamin Linus is in from this day forward.

No comments: