Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy

December 25 – Photo – a present to yourself Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and [...]

I had a couple photos that would work for this but I chose this one because

1. I'm incredibly happy in it.
2. I'm eating ice cream
3. And yet look skinny

This photo was taken on my last night in Paris. I had spent the late afternoon reading by the Louvre but wanted to go back to the Eiffel Tower to watch the lights turn on. I was delighted to find the place packed with people, and it didn't even seem like it was all tourists. I watched a group of French young people, two of them parents to an adorable little girl who was playing with all their friends. Everyone around was having fun, drinking wine and just enjoying the warm summer night. To prove I was actually there, I asked a group of girls to take my picture. I'm sure they thought I was crazy when I made that face, but it is my signature move in photos.

But back to item one. I am very happy in the photo. I was proud of myself for going to Paris alone. Proud that I didn't let being lonely ruin my good time. Proud that I could sit there and remember that I took photos in that very spot with my parents a few years earlier with happiness instead of complete sadness. Proud that I made that trip to London happen period.

Also here is a video of the magic moment. (I can't figure out how to flip it)

1 comment:

casey elizabeth said...

So, so proud of you. You are beautiful.